Monday, January 18, 2016

Creating A Fulfilling Day


Begin at once to live and count each day as a separate life.
~ Lucius Annacus Seneca

I am working on my procrastination.  In my professional life, this is not a big issue- I have a schedule I keep, I get tons of things done.  I don't like to make things hard for others.  My procrastination is in my personal life- in my "free time", in my creative choices.

This week's quote goes along with a book I am reading, Show Your Work! 10 Ways To Share Your Creativity And Get Discovered, by Austin Kleon.  In it, Austin talks about how near death experiences remind people to use their time, since time is so precious.  This concept is helping me a lot.

This is not to say that I'm there yet, but I am trying to be more mindful of what I choose to use my time for.  So before I pick up the Ipad and surf the web without direction, I think, "If this was my last day, how would have wanted to spend it?"

Giving myself new routines, challenges and plans has been helping me to remember to use my extra time for the things that feel most fulfilling to me.  In The Life-Changing Magic Of Tiding UpMarie Kindo asks you to keep only in your house those things that bring you joy.  I want to use this theme also with how I spend my time.  Does it bring me joy and or lead to my continued joy in life?

Here lies a work in progress.


This painting was made using handmade papers, acrylic paint, pens and ink.  I created an acrylic skin image transfer for the words-my first- and need to keep practicing with these!  I am learning a lot through each piece I create.

No comments:

Post a Comment