Monday, May 2, 2016

Sailing From Save Harbor- Child's Play


Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.
~Mark Twain

I just love the feeling I get from this quote.  It is so encouraging and upbeat!  All the while, Mark Twain is reminding us that there's less of life to be had when we remain in the safe harbor indefinitely...  So get out there and feel the breeze in your hair and discover new lands!

A little about this week's process:
This piece mirrors the quote so well, even thought I didn't plan this.  My recent quest is to test out childlike brush strokes so that I can play and abandon so much planning and perfectionism, as I get to know paint and all it can do.  This is one of two pieces that began with a warm colour-burst in round, swirling shapes.  Soon I realized it wanted to be a sunset on the water, so I researched some simple traditional sail shapes and added all the silver in the billowing frame shapes.  I actually happened upon this quote while looking for the perfect quote for another piece (may be next week's...) and then I knew that this painting had come together!

Wishing you a chance to let go and see what unfolds and emerges for you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment