Monday, July 4, 2016

A Scene From A Train

Trains are wonderful... To travel by train is to see nature and human beings, 
towns and churches and rivers, in fact, to see life.
-Agatha Christie

I love Agatha Christie, and this quote matches how I felt this week.  I noticed how you can often see into people's back yards on a train trip, getting a glimpse into how people live in a country.  Plus, as you watch the scenery go by, there is a slower speed that feels mellow.  I enjoyed the scenery and feeling decadent ordering a coffee and sandwhich at my seat.  You can almost imagine you are on a train long ago, thick amongst one of Agatha's plots.

This painting:  This week we have gotten to see a bit of the Canadian countryside and it is lovely.  Our train from Montreal to Quebec City had to stop on the tracks to let two different trains go by, so I took that chance to capture my view from the window.  Lovely to get it finished before the subtle jossling started up again.

Wishing you a week of beautiful scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment