Monday, February 22, 2016

Our inner moonlight


Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness. 
~Allen Ginsberg

This painting was almost finished when I found this quote, and then I realized they were meant for each other.  I began by spraying with fun inks, which is always a bit of uncertain madness.  Then I just felt like a rounded brush stroke and it felt like a moon, but I thought, why a green moon?  But often we don't need to think or ask why.  The rest just felt right as I created, which I suppose was me standing in the moonlight, letting free my own unpolished madness onto the paper.

I think it's apropos that this quote refers to moonlight, rather than sunlight, as sometimes it's less brilliant and you have to listen a little more closely to find your inner moonlight.  I am working on quieting myself and making the space so that my moonlit path is clear.

Here's wishing you a week basking in your own inner moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment