Monday, February 29, 2016

Go buy yourself a little laughter today- you deserve it!


The earth laughs in flowers.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

This quote always makes me smile, as do flowers. If you walk anywhere that there are plants you can see the physical form of chuckles all along your path.  Some are riotous, some are less audacious.  But each can bring you up, if you look.

Have you ever been to a dinner party and just sat back for a moment to listen to all the kinds of laughs everyone has?  Now I think I ought to label them by their flower counterpart...

I had fun with this painting, it is messy, bright, and in places, dark.  It uses colours I use less often, but I still like the effect here.  Once it started to come together, I realized this was the piece for these words, even though I had begun another more planned painting for this quote.  The layering, colours and organicness is just what I was looking for today.

I hope you find a moment to let the laughter of flowers add to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment