Monday, June 20, 2016

What is perfect?


The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection. 
~George Orwell

This can be so tricky, and is something I am working on.  We see "it" in our head, and then when "it" doesn't look like we planed, hoped, wished, then "it" isn't as beautiful. Perfection...  What is that, anyway?  I know in theory that nothing's perfect, but this quote reminds me that being human means just that- we are human and make mistakes.  So I strive for less perfectionism, more trying and enjoying life.

Here I am trying and enjoying life.  I am learning to draw figures and faces that are not flat.  This is one of my first figure drawings that incorporates layers of colour to show movement and depth.  She has a super long arm, her noes is unique and her hips just kept getting bigger, but I am trying!

So, as I learn this new skill, I plan to strive for a more realistic look, which in truth, is not perfection.

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment