Monday, October 31, 2016

Ordinary Beauty


There's a lot of beauty in ordinary things.
~Pam Beesly

I keep enjoying the play of how this quote challenge keeps me on my toes- painting and then when there isn't a painting that will work in progress, I enjoy throwing in the other creative options.  I seem to need to crochet these stones.  The finding of the round ones is so satisfying and then there's the feeling of accomplishment at the end of an evening when I'm able to start and finish one.  Simple pleasures.  

The background for this piece is also me finding the beauty in the ordinary.  I wanted to explore and test the new colours I purchased and they came together so nicely in this whimsical flower page.  I made it on a beautiful morning just after sunrise.

Wishing you the ability to notice the beauty in ordinary things this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment