Monday, March 14, 2016

Keep Watering The Seeds



If you want happiness to bloom within you, simply water the seeds.
~Thich Nhat Hanh

Today's quote has come from many places- the concept of what belongs in my daily practice has been something I have been seeking and refining for myself.  And what does not belong.  I continue to take more creative moments, while working full time.  This means catching myself when I am dawdling on the computer.  Is what I am reading, looking at, clicking to next really fostering the life I seek?  Or is my time getting sucked away and I will be sad to have to go to bed, realizing at the end of the day that I wasted my time on things that are not truly part of my goal lifestyle... Tricky!

I love the wording for this quote- simply!  Many of us would scoff at  that "simply"- is it really that easy just to choose to foster happiness?  It seems not , but I also appreciate that it can be.  It can be that simple- just choose to fan the flames of what you most love, what makes you sing, what gets you moving.  And let the rest politely out the door.

Here's another of his quotes that I felt went hand in hand with this one:

"The seeds that are watered frequently are the seeds that will grow strong."

This painting-  I have been so enamored with the idea of layered textures and subtle patterns that catch your eye in a background.  This week it took some happy accidents of too much paint to realize that there are many ways to get around to an end result.  This is from a series I am working on right now.  I love this colour scheme and really got into the subtle blossom/leaf-type hearts.  That may not be the last of those shapes.  They may be popping up in other paintings, since they take me back years when I used the brush's shape placed on the paper, lifted and then left to dry to create dot art.  Life is full of spirals of things, ideas, inspirations that leave for a bit and return to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment