Sunday, August 7, 2016

Watching for the sweetness and joy.


There is in all things an inexhaustible sweetness and purity,
 a silence that is a foundation of action and joy.
~Thomas Morton

I have been working on seeing the purity in all around me.  Even in the city, even in people.  Each morning I start the day by listing things I am grateful for.  This has been a beautiful practice, instead of the first thing I reach for being something connected to the internet...  

Having such a simple image here might help us notice the sweetness!

This painting:
I have been playing with watercolour and what it can do- the way two colours that meet can mix, and the way that sometimes it dries in a unique pattern or colour that you didn't anticipate.  I began this flower as a lotus, but really it reminds me more of a dragon fruit like shape.  Either way, the colours are working for me!

PS We are back to being human- here in this pristine piece is a lovely spelling error.  Well, I am learning a lot from this Creative Quote challenge- and not just about art!

No comments:

Post a Comment